Monday, February 8, 2010

I was very CONFUSED


Translation:

Oriental Medication Tutoring

1. Student, majoring in oriental medication
2. Who's preparing for the entrance to oriental medication college
3. Who's preparing for NCCAOM test.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Do you see the first word on the top "한의학"?
It originally means "Korean Medication" in Korea.
So I was very confused when I saw this ad I'd found in Korean Times of Chicago.

ARE THERE REALLY PEOPLE WHO PREPARE FOR KOREAN MEDICATION IN THE U.S?

The answer was "No" and it's still "No."

And then I just found out a translated word of "한의학" in English,
which is "Oriental Medication."
So, this time, I wonder

ARE THERE REALLY PEOPLE WHO STUDY ORIENTAL MEDICATION IN THE U.S?

So I googled. the answer was "Yes",
which interested me EVEN MORE,
because I thought Western medication is being considered as the ONLY MEDICATION
in Western countries.

I mean,
they should just go to Asia.
Frankly speaking, I don't really trust AMERICAN education of ORIENTAL medication.
It sounds like CHINESE BUFFET in America, which isn't even like REAL CHINESE FOOD.

Sorry, I don't know the point of this post either.



1 comment:

christa said...

Oriental medicine is actually very popular in the US, especially for people who feel that western medicine isn't helping them. There are colleges of oriental medicine here in the US, but many practitioners get their degrees in China.