Monday, October 11, 2010

So what I plan to do is...


Yesterday I posted what my collection was ... now I guess I'll talk a little bit more about what I want to do with the stamps.

Seeing as I had already divided up the stamps by country, I thought about other ways to categorize them (by price, color, size, etc.). I decided that it would be sorta cool to do something not only with their origin (country) but with their cost as well (seeing as I have such a wide range of prices).

I think where I want to take it from here is to figure out a method of displaying the stamps, grouped by country and by cost. Something that I think would be interesting is to have the stamps be displayed in jars (4 jars lined up, each holding a specific country - Poland, USA, Russia, and Miscellaneous). By doing this I can figure out how much each jar "costs," determined from the various costs of the stamps. The only thing I'm hesitant about is the fact that some of the Polish stamps are pretty old, so their value is way different from what it would be today (some of their values are in the thousands)...so converting may or may not work. We'll see, I guess.

No comments: