Thursday, October 7, 2010

Jack Pot!

I thought this would be fitting as my first post since it's what started my collection. The day this collection was assigned, I got off the train, and in the bushes, I saw a yellow rag and for some reason was just forced to pick it up. Well, it turned out to be Jack, and I was just fascinated by the idea that a child really loved him, and he's in really good shape and so clean. And I decided I was going to collect toys and miniatures because it's the closest thing I can think of to being able to collect happiness.

Photobucket

And to make up for yesterday, I'm posting a second one here-- Don't kill me!

This is Mr Potter!

Photobucket

I saved up to buy him with my allowance when I was in fourth grade, and I remember playing with him instead of a Ken doll. I have a lot of memories that go along with this toy, and it's like the definition of my childhood. I also think that the whole Harry Potter phenomenon really affected pop culture, and I think it's an important element in society.

And in case you didn't get it... my title's a pun.

No comments: