Saturday, October 9, 2010

#1, 2, 3 Charlotte Cha

My reaction when I realized I forgot to post for the past few days:



Sorry, that's not part of my collection.

#1

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UzzZa5o1q5k

The Destino video I showed in class. I chose to have this a part of my collection, because (1) it's artsy (2) I found it to be a stunning and beautiful creation of the storyboards Salvador Dali and...um, the other guy whose name I can't read, created. It's like a painting come to life, and with the music combined, it really touched me with its somber story and surreal images.

#2



A scene that most, if not all, of us recognize. The Beast's Disney death scene and Belle's confession of love that turned him back human. I love this video more than the actual scene, because it's such a great example of how actions speak louder than words. You don't know what they say, but by the music and their actions, you know what's happening. It's also great to see how they outlined the animation first (my favorite being Belle's rosy cheeks triangles).

#3

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sFfBuzddUMk

The Last Unicorn is one of my favorite animated movies despite a lot of wrongs it has. It's such a childhood icon to me, for shaping my view on unicorns and fantasies. I was always drawn to darker themes. Seeing this scene later in my life, I cried, or at least teared up. Molly cries about her loss of innocence, the unicorn being the perfect example of a life that's gone. The scene is dark, the unicorn being this shining beacon of light in that darkness. It draws me in. I've always wanted to create a scene in a movie or something that's so emotionally distraught like this. Yes, this melodramatic, but here it works. I'm not sure how, and I'd like to figure out why.

I guess I talked too much. Eh.

No comments: