Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Half Baked

I just finished a pint of Ben and Jerry's Half Baked ice cream.  I started it last night. For those of you who don't know about this wondrous concoction, I will tell you about it. It is a combination of both chocolate and vanilla ice cream, fudge brownie pieces, and chunks of chocolate chip cookie dough. When eating this ice cream, it is difficult for me to concentrate on anything else (hence this post). 

Here is some nutritional information:
(as a serving size is only 1/2 cup, I just ate about twice this amount)
270 Calories per serving 
13 grams of total fat
8 grams of saturated fat
0 grams of trans fat (this is good for my cholesterol!)
45 mg of cholesterol (this is bad for my cholesterol)
85 mg of sodium
33 grams of total carbohydrates (good thing I'm not on a low carb diet)
1 gram of dietary fiber
25 grams of sugar
4 grams of protein

Also, according to the carton, the dairy for the ice cream is supplied by family farmers that don't use rBGH on their cows. This is great!

Note: I was not at all baked (not even half way) when consuming this ice cream or writing this post.

No comments: