Thursday, April 15, 2010

Darryl Stover

Darryl had a stoma in his throat and as a result I could barely hear anything that he was saying. The audio picked up by my microphone is even worse and the whole recording is just a mess.
While I can't provide quotes, I can give you all a general idea of what he had to say.

Darryl is a fan of rock music. His favorite bands include Led Zeppelin, Boston, and Dream Theater. He formed a band with eight other kids when he was in high school and he learned to play pretty much every instrument in the world. I couldn't tell if he was being serious or not, but he told me he could play guitar, keyboard, saxophone, synth and trumpet. He wrote his own music and most of his songs were about marijuana. I asked him to sing me what he thought was his best song but he was too embarrassed, so he sung another song that he wrote instead, called "Pass The Herb." He told me that he and his band members blew any money they made from a gig on beer and then threw parties after every show. They would do all kinds of dancing, too, including break dancing. He studied engineering and knows how to put together computers and refrigerators. I asked him if he ever had a girlfriend and he told me he never did because he was too shy.

No comments: